Content Begin


FEE-HELP is a scheme that provides a loan to eligible fee-paying students for all or part of their tuition fees for units of study undertaken with an approved body. Murdoch Institute of Technology is produly approved as a higher education provider under Higher Education Support Act 2003 (HESA), and therefore certain courses are approved for students to use FEE-HELP, provided they meet the necessary requirements.

You are eligible for FEE-HELP if you:

  • are studying at an approved FEE-HELP provider (approved provider);
  • meet the citizenship and residency requirements:
    • you are an Australian citizen or permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia for the duration of your unit), OR
    • you are a permanent visa holder who is undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of the study;
  • are enrolled in an eligible unit of study by the census date for that unit;
  • have not exceeded the FEE-HELP limit (see below); and
  • meet the tax file number (TFN) requirements

MIT FEE-HELP Approved Courses

FEE- HELP Limit and Balance

Eligible students can borrow an amount up to tbe FEE-HELP limit to assist in paying their tuition fees. FEE-HELP cannot be used for additional study costs such as accommodation or text books.

Once a person begins using FEE-HELP, the amount of FEE-HELP they have left to use is known as their ‘FEE-HELP balance’.
For 2017, the FEE‑HELP limit is $100,879 for most students. For students undertaking medicine, dentistry and veterinary science courses (as defined in the Higher Education Support Act 2003) the FEE‑HELP limit is $126,101.

The FEE-HELP limit is a lifetime limit and is not reset or ‘topped up’ by any repayments that you make.

Applying for FEE-HELP

To apply for a FEE-HELP loan you need a Tax File Number. If you do not have a TFN, you can provide MIT with a Certificate of application for a TFN. This certificate is available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) after you have applied for a TFN.

Once you have a TFN (or a Certificate of Application), you can fill out a Request for FEE-HELP assistance form available from MIT upon request.

You must submit the signed and completed form to MIT before the census date or administrative date.