No matter which level you start at with MIT we can help make sure you are on your pathway to university success. Take a look at the routes below which can be customised to your needs.
Why Use MIT As An Alternate Route to University?
- An accelerated pathway means you graduate earlier – start earning sooner and accumulate less student loan debt.
- Students with a low or no ATAR – you do not have to repeat Year 12! The MUPC can help you meet university entry requirements.
- We provide the academic support you need while providing you with the foundations for success.
Murdoch University Preparation Course (MUPC)
The MIT Murdoch University Preparation Course (MUPC) is your pathway into university even if you don’t currently meet entry requirements. This course prepares you for your chosen Murdoch University course.
If you successfully complete the MUPC you are guaranteed a place into the first-year of your chosen Murdoch University degree.
The MUPC is typically suited to you if:
- Australian students who have completed year 12 with a low ATAR. Students with an ATAR over 50 should consider undertaking a Diploma course.
- Australian students with no ATAR.
- Mature age students who do not meet standard university entry requirements.
- International students with sufficient English ability. If you do not meet English requirements we do offer English courses to get you there.
Students wishing to study BSc Veterinary Biology + Doctor of Veterinary Medicine should enrol in BSc Animal Science and apply to transfer in year 1.
Go to MUPC Page
Our Foundation Studies program prepares you for a successful transition to degree-level study, providing a pathway to the first year of study of a Bachelor degree at Murdoch University. You can choose a program according to your individual needs, academic advancement and unique career aspirations.
The Foundation Studies program is typically suited to:
- You need an entrance qualification for Murdoch University
- You want to accelerate your university preparation from either Year 11, Year 12 or equivalent
- You want to change your degree stream without having to repeat Year 11 or Year 12
Go to Foundation Studies Page
Our Diploma courses launch you straight into the second year of your chosen degree at Murdoch University.
At MIT, we offer a choice of two diplomas:
Diploma courses are suitable for:
- Australian students who have completed year 12 with an ATAR above 50
- International students who meet the academic and English entry requirements
- Mature age students with sufficient experience.
MIT Diploma courses are accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), have Australian Quality Framework Level 5 (Diploma) recognition, and are a Higher Education course.
English Language Centre
Our language centre is designed to prepare students for academic English so that they can succeed at Murdoch University. You might choose to study an English course with us before moving into a Diploma or MUPC course, or you might just want to enhance your English before heading to Murdoch University.
We offer two courses to suit the different English language requirements for our students:
- General English – ideal for those who want to study English for Academic Purposes before progressing to university
- English for Academic Purposes – suitable for you if you need to meet English entry requirements in order to study at university