On successful completion, you’ll be able to progress into the second year of a Bachelor of Science Degree at Murdoch University. You’ll have the option to major in units as far ranging as Mobile and Web Application Development, Games Technology and Business Information Systems.
In a rapidly changing industry, it’s important to study a course that guarantees a wide array of career opportunities. We’ve tailored our Information and Communication Technology Diploma to be as up-to-date as possible, covering future technologies as well as existing ones. In addition to our leading-edge course content, there are a few other major advantages to studying at MIT.
You can complete an MIT Diploma before going on to the second-year at Murdoch University graduating with two accredited AQF qualifications – a Diploma and a Bachelor Degree. That’s two qualifications over the three-year period it usually takes to get one.
Studying on campus means that you gain access to the world-class facilities offered by Murdoch University.
With smaller class sizes, an additional one hour per week of academic tuition and a focus on student welfare and guidance; at MIT you’ll receive the care and individual attention you need to thrive.
With three intakes per year and a flexible course structure, you can speed up your completion. If you’re a domestic student you can also take on a lighter course load.
Successful completion will satisfy entry requirements for progression to Year 2 of a Bachelor of Science, with a choice of major in the following:
- Business Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Cyber Forensics and Information Security*
- Games Software Design and Production
- Games Technology
- Internetworking and Network Security*
- Mobile and Web Application Development
*this major requires additional units to be taken at Murdoch University
|There is a total of 8 units to undertake to complete the Diploma Information and Communication Technology.
7 Core units
You can choose 1 unit of study from the Diploma of Information and Communication Technology or 1 unit from another Diploma.
Individual guidance on unit selection will ensure the completed MIT diploma meets the core unit requirements of the intended major(s) at University.
Choose the Right Pathway For You
Our flexible study options allow you to choose the pace at which you learn and when you enter Murdoch University.
Students should review individual unit information for specific assessment details as assessment methods may vary.
Download the full curriculum
Information and communications technology has become an essential component of practically every sector. The combination of practical skills and industry knowledge you will gain at MIT can be applied across a huge range of organizations and roles. With so many options available, it’s never been a better time to start a career in IT.
Some options for graduates include:
- Business Analyst
- Systems or Security Analyst
- IT Security Manager
- Game Programmer
- Web Designer
- Successful completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 50 or more
- Successful completion of MUPC or Foundation Studies
- Successful completion of the Western Australian Universities’ Foundation Program (WAUFP) CPS 40+
- Successful completion of Certificate IV
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) Test Min 140
- Non-School Leaver entry is also available*
- See our Entry Requirements page for specific requirements in your country or region.
English language requirements
- 50% pass in English
- 60% pass in English for Academic Purposes
- IELTS: 5.5 overall (no band less than 5.0)
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) 0 Level: C6 minimum
- Paper-based – 527, or
- IBT – 46
- Pearson Test of English: 42
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): 162
View full list of international entry requirements
Diploma Admission Information
*Students 18 years of age or older may be considered mature age students and are able to apply for Non School Leaver entry. High school results, TAFE, or Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications, work experience or other informal study may be accepted in support of your application.