After successfully completing your MUPC, you will gain direct entry into the first year of your chosen undergraduate degree at Murdoch University.
MUPC is suited to you if:
- You don’t have the desired high school
results to gain entry to your chosen
- You want to change your degree stream
- You have to improve your chances of
entering highly competitive courses at
Pathways to any Degree
On completion of your MUPC, you’ll gain entry to first year of any undergraduate degree at Murdoch University, with the exception of a Bachelor of Veterinary Science. This course can be accessed through a Bachelor of Animal Science.
You are encouraged to select units according to your interests and preferred Murdoch University bachelor degree destination. Academic staff at MIT will assist in the selection of units and provide you with a personalised study plan at the time of enrolment.
University Campus Life
Studying your University Preparation Course on Murdoch University campus means you get to enjoy university life and ease your transition into the University learning environment.
With three intakes per year and a range of units on offer, you have the control of tailoring your study the way you want. Speed up your completion or take on a lighter course load without slowing down your course duration.
We focus on individual student welfare and guidance and we keep our class sizes small. At MIT you’ll receive the care and individual attention you need to thrive.
Students can progress from the MUPC to any stream at Murdoch University.
There over 100 Degree options in the following fields:
The most popular degrees and majors include: Animal Science, Biomedical Science, Business, Chiropractic Science, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Law, Nursing and Psychology.
* Please note Education and Nursing will require official English Proficiency Tests. Please ask us for more details
Murdoch University Preparation Course
If you have successfully completed year 11/12 but didn’t get the best results, or you have received the international equivalent of completing year 11/12 and you meet the English entry requirements, then this is the right course for you. The MUPC course is an accelerated course made up of a minimum of four units, which may be completed over one, two or three trimesters.
Download the full curriculum Students should review individual unit information for specific assessment details as assessment methods may vary.
- Completion of Australian Year 11 or Year 12 depending on duration.
- International equivalent to completion of Year 11/12 requirements
English language requirements*
Students may apply for the MUPC if they meet the appropriate scores in one of the following assessments.
- 60% or 65% pass in English for Academic Purposes
- IELTS: 5.5 (no band below 5.0), or 6.0 (no band below 5.5)
- General Certificate of Education GCE O Level (C or D minimum) in English Language and Literature; English Language
- Paper-based – 527 or 534
- IBT – 46 or 73
- Pearson Test of English: 42 or 50
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): 162 or 169
View full list of international entry requirements